What I use
My dev computer runs Windows 10 and uses the Windows Subsystem for Linux 2.
I wrote about how to set it up. Starting from scratch and ending with launching a project in Docker through a tricked out terminal.
The code editor I spend the most time in is Visual Studio Code
Some of my favorite extensions are:
- Theme - Night Owl
- Font - Fira Code with ligatures turned on.
- Icons - Material Icon Theme
- More Extensions - I gathered some of my favorites in a Twitter moment.
When not using the built-in terminal in VSCode, I use the Windows Terminal
- Refined GitHub - Browser extension that adds useful features to the GitHub website.
- ShareX - Screenshot utility.
- f.lux - Adjusts screen temperature to the time of day.
- PC - Self-assembled desktop (Feel free to ask me questions about it!)
- Keyboard - Ducky one 2 mini Pure White
- Mouse - Glorious Model O in Matte White
- Deskmat - Glorious XXL Extended
That deskmat is LARGE. Highly recommend.